expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

20.10.13

My photography story .

I do not consider myself a photographer. I don't have a personal facebook page or a personal website, i think i'm not that good and famous to do that. This is why i don't understand why people that just buy a good camera just feel like they must have their name written on pictures that represents nothing (as lookbook with friends) and when they hit 100 likes on facebook on some of their ''artistic pictures'' they think that is time to create their own page to sadisfied all their fans!
In my opinion...this is not how it should work. I'm okay with people that buy SLR cameras, and i like the fact they try to use them as much as they can. I think that those people, at the same time, connect the idea of a good camera with the hability of a photographer. 
The pictures are the result of both; camera and who's behing the camera. Starting with this idea i approached to the world of photography. 
Everything started when a friend of mine, Ilaria, used to upload really good pictures on Netlog, and since the fact we all wanted to look good on social networks' pictures, we went out once with her to have nice portraits to upload! When i saw her camera i fell in love with it. It was much bigger than my parents one (an average compact camera), I noticed how good the pictures were in terms of quality, everything was looking way better on the screen with that camera. I started dreaming about getting one but that was when i was 14. After two years, in which i used to take macro pictures on every single family trip and than modify them using 'picnick' online, i finally got my Canon 1000D. That was an awesome christmas. I started taking pictures everywhere. I tried to avoid pictures of myself in the mirror holding my camera or pictures of friends of mine while they were in unnatural position, dressed in a better way than the average. 
After one year i decided that i didn't want to keep taking pictures with automatic settings and that's when i started following some lessons made by a photography association (Contrasti). Those 10 evenings helped me a lot in a technical way but also when it came to understand what kind of pictures i like to take.
I worked a couple of time in discos for events, same for big birthdays...but it just does not satisfy me enough. Yesterday i was working in Perugia at an 18bday party. Well the picture i like the most is one of the cake. I can't stand average birthday pictures with people with fake smile on, just standing there hoping for me to catch their best expression. Althought this is the kind of photo i do not like, is the easiest one to gain money, and that's why i accept everytime people ask me to do that. Oh i forget to say, i also took pictures for a football team for a couple of months...and that was sooo boring. 
In any case, i realised what i like to take pictures of when i was doing the things i love the most in the world; travelling. The lovest thing i could do while i'm abroad is to visit some place i've never been before taking pictures with all the kalm of the world, studying what i like the most about that place and than trying to capture it. 
I do love street photography. From the details of the cities, to the compositions of shapes you can find in the organization of a shop, the expression of the faces of subjects i don't know and i never will...eveyrthing looks so perfect and fascinating without being forced, it's all natural. 
This is what i like about photography; find harmony where you can.

I'm going to post below my favourite picture. I took this photo one year ago while i was in summer holiday in Holland, more precisely on Utrecht. I wanted to focus on a bike wheels but i had the luck to capture the exact moment in which every wheels of the street were on the same line. This creates this tunnel of circles that i absolutely love. I'm so proud of this work of mine!





I have a Canon 1000D
Lenses; 18-55mm (Canon)
70-300mm (Sigma)


I'm going to buy my first tripod on amazon soon, just a cheap one (it's the first) and i'm thinking about a 50mm for portraits or a big flash for when i work at parties

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento