expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

29.12.13

Photo contests .

HeyHey!
How are you? I hope you all had an amazing Christmas! I know i'm late but i wish you MERRY CHRISTMAS in any case :) I think i will write a post showing you some presents my friends and family gave me this year, so maybe i can give you some ideas for future gifts (Christmas and bday ones).
But today what i want to do is to show you two pictures I made to take part and ofc try to win two different photo contests.

● The first contest i took part was organized by Assicity, an association composed by young people from my city who try to create events such as christmas markets in the main square, parties during the whole year, Halloween included, or summer games. Everyone likes these events because my city is small, medieval and mainly famous because of St.Francis, churches and other religious things. To keep the tourism alive no one really thinks about the young people who lives in here, there are no special occasions for us to meet and party.
In any case, this association, to finance other events, this year decided to print a calendar that was going to have 12 different pictures, one for each month. To find original photos they decided to organize this contest, where the main theme was 'Red'.
This is the picture i sent to take part in the competition.

Made with Canon1000D, edited by a friend of mine with a program i don't know
but that is better than mine for sure ahah

The pictures were not judged by photographers or by the members of the association but they were uploaded on Facebook on Assicity's page (without the names of the authors) and they were voted by all the people who were fan of the profile. Mine was one of the first 12, so it was selected to represent November on the calendar that are available since Friday 27th till Sunday 29th.
The pictures i sent had worse colors than the ones i posted up there but was really similar; i decided to upload here the one that a friend of mine edited to make it more lightfull, and i find it really nice in this way.

● The second contest i took part was organized by my school. On the last day before christmas holiday, the 21st of December, this contest was over and the people who won the writing contest (with poetries and stuff), the drawing contest and the photography one, received a little award that was a small present (a frame i guess).
I unluckily didn't win, but i'll show you below the pictures i did for the theme ''Violence against women''

Canon 1000D

To make this picture as i was creating it in my mind, i organized my own photo set at home and, as model, i chose my cousin Lorenza (you can find her on Twitter). If you are wondering... the hand is my brother's ahah just saying !

To be completely honest with you guys, i didnt really like these two pictures. I'm sure i've done better ones, also for other contests. I personally like street photography, i like to capture the moment and the geometrical shapes around me. When it came to build my own pictures, i really didnt know what to expect, i mean both the pictures are not natural and i was not sure if send them or not. I did and i'm glad i did in any case (either i win or lose) ahah

Write what you think about the pictures in the comment below, i'll be glad to hear your opinion of them :) have a nice day everyone!


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento