expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

11.2.15

Reviewing #2 - The Theory of Everything (2014)

Goodmorning everyone !
On Monday morning I'll have my first oral exam, and it's Latin, one of the most disgusting subjects (in my opinion). I'm already so so nervous and I found few minutes to write down this post. Hopefully there won't be too many grammar mistakes, considering that I'm in rush !

* Another really quick news: On Sunday 15th the Please Diana (the group I once wrote about) is releasing a new song. Check it out on their website ! *

Today I would like to write about a movie that is currently at the cinema, but that will probably will removed soon, not because of something bad in it, it has only been in the movies programming for weeks and weeks. The movie was released on 2014, but in Italy we have the bad habit to dub everything (tv series, tv programs etc.). Although, compared to the ones in other countries, our voice actors are good, I'm saying ''bad habit'' because I personally enjoy a lot more the real voice of every actor, and when it comes to translate, there are certain elements of a language (such as jokes, idiomatic expressions...) that cannot be translated literally ! They will lose their meaning, so we need to use sentences and words that may express the same concept but that won't preserve the original version. Plus, I think that, if I can understand different accents and other languages it's mainly because I always try to watch movies and series in their original languages, I may add subtitles to comprehend in a better way, but I rarely do. It's a way to improve my knowledge. 

* From this point: SPOILER ALERT *

Back to the movie. ''The theory of everything'' is about Stephen and Jane Hawking's story.
Not being a huge lover of physic, I don't know that much about the life of this famous scientist, but I definitely want to discover more about him and his theory now that I've seen more about him. The plot contains the development of the love between these two young people, a story parallel to the worsening of Stephen's health, due to this rare disease that, they say at the beginning, won't allow him to live longer that 2 years. Despite this first verdict, Hawking is still alive nowadays!
The colors are quite cold and pastel, and I love them like this ! The main actors are magnificent, the dresses are perfect and the photography is amazing. There's the scene in which Stephen discovers about his disease and, despite this, he tries to open up his fingers while he's taking a bath...there's the perfect composition of a scene ! Everything's so symmetrical....just perfect !
I need to say that I was sad when I discovered that Jane ended up marrying another man, when Stephen decided to leave for the USA, to keep developing his theory. Although it was perfectly fine for both of them...I really hoped they were going to represent the perfect couple for the ''and they lived happily ever after''.
I can't think about anything else at the moment, luckily I'll be able to re-edit this post in the future. 

I leave you with this is the quote, the one I liked the most in the whole movie, and I wish you all a good weekend. 

''The should be no boundaries to human endeavor. 
However bad life may seem, while there is life, there is hope'' 

Fede

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento